Read fast & efficiently: Two days of training that change the way you read.
11.05.2023 | 09:30 - 17:30
12.05.2023 | 09:30 - 17:30
Villa Tillmanns, Wächterstraße 30, 04107 Leipzig
Students, Doctoral Researchers and Postdocs who have to read a great amount of scientific texts in English.
Number of Participants
Reading is a crucial ingredient for productivity in the workplace and a gateway to knowledge. Yet, reading training usually stops at primary school, and nowadays we are ill equipped for dealing with the mass of information confronting us. The aim of the course is to double your reading efficiency. The course is carefully planned to enable the immediate success of each participant.
- Analysis of existing reading skills, detection of restricting habits
- Exercises for reducing the three main reading faults, partly supported by specially developed technical devices
- Introduction and training of new reading techniques
- Demonstration of the relationship between reading technique and concentration/memory retention
- Motivating reading tests, in which participants ascertain their progress in objective figures (among others the Effective Reading Rate) and learn how to implement their new techniques in their everyday work.
Note for participants: Good English reading proficiency is expected (approx. B2 English language level).
0,5 Credit Point can be obtained by attending this course. Please contact your faculty for the recognition of performance for the doctoral degree.
You can register here for this workshop approximately one month before the start of the workshop.
- Friedrich Hasse, M.A.
Improved Reading Trainer since 2003 in German and English in many scientific institutions (Fraunhofer, Max Planck and Helmholtz institutes, graduate schools of many universities), governmental institutions and companies; co-author of the best-selling book „Schneller lesen - besser verstehen” ("Read faster with better comprehension”).