International doctoral researchers are eligible to apply for short-term scholarships, which are granted by the DAAD STIBET Programme in the form of positions as research or teaching assistants. The aim of these scholarships is to integrate more fully international students into the research and teaching community at Leipzig University by providing international students with the opportunity to develop a tutorial, collect and evaluate data, prepare publications, give presentations and present posters, or organize and run conferences.
Prerequisites for applying
- Cannot be a German citizen
- Must have foreign student status, i.e. qualification for university entry must have been completed in a country other than Germany
- Accepted as a doctoral candidate in one of the Faculties at Leipzig University
- Income of no more than 1000 Euros per month
Terms of the agreement
- Contract as a academic assistant for 16 hours per month
- Maximum duration of the scholarship: 6 Months
The university instructor, under whom the doctoral researcher will work as a teaching or research assistant must initiate the application. The application should include the following documents:
- A funding application, completed by the supervising faculty member, which describes the course or research project on which the candidate will work, if accepted
- A list of duties for which the doctoral researcher will be responsible as a teaching or research assistant, hours to be worked, and the duration of employment
- The candidate’s curricula vitae
- A copy of the candidate’s certificate of enrollment
- A copy of the certificate of acceptance for the doctoral programme or proof of registration on the doctoral candidate list
Applications may be submitted by post or by email to the Managing Director of the Research Academy.